44 / 100
This is a first-ever State Dragonfly Festival in Kerala. This festival is also known as Thumbimahotsavam. Also this year Kerala celebrate this festival.
Key Points :
- ‘Pantalu’ is the official mascot of the festival.
- This is also a part of the National Dragonfly Festival organized by WWF India.
- Bombay Natural Society and Indian Dragonfly Society is associated with the National Biodiversity Board, UN Environmental Programme, Un Development Programme, and UCN-CEC.
- This Dragonfly Festival started in the year of 2018.
- Reson of celebrating this festival is to educate and inform the public about the integral role that dragonflies.
- Also, their lesser-known sibling’s damselflies, play in our environment.