What’s happening in Beirut Capital of Lebanon?
On the evening of August 4 in Beirut, the capital of Lebanon there w as a terrible explosion. The cause of the explosion of ammonium nitrate. Which had been stored in a warehouse at the port of Beirut for six years, is now investigated.
Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab on Wednesday declared three days of national mourning. This country store 2750 tons of ammonium nitrate. The epicenter was reported 240 km away in the Mediterranean Sea, near Cyprus. In 2005 the bomber struck shortly afternoon in front of a gathering of Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.
What is Ammonium Nitrate?
1. Ammonium nitrate is a highly explosive substance. It explodes as soon as it comes in contact with fire. In addition, when ammonium nitrate explodes, it releases tow toxic gases, nitrogen oxide, and ammonia.
2. The Chemical formula of Ammonium nitrate is NH4NO3. This is a mostly used fertilizer over the world.
3. Ammonium nitrate also used in the mining explosive. NH4NO3 is mixed with fuel oil and detonated by an explosive charge.
4. The main thing is Ammonium nitrate is not burned by self. It’s acted with oxygen. That can burn the combustion of other materials.
5. As ammonium nitrate is explosive, the rules for its safe storage are very strict. The place where it is stored should be fire-proof Plus there are no pipes, drainage lines, or gutters. Ammonium nitrate is likely to explode in such a place.