What is the PM Kisan SAMPADA Scheme 2020?
1) Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana is the 7 integrated cold chain development program.
2) In this SAMPADA program projects will generate direct and indirect employment for over 16,000 people.
3) This project gives benefit to nearly 2,57,000 farmers.
4) Harsimrat Kaur Badal is the Union Minister of Food Processing Industries.
5) Statement of Harsimarat Kaur Badal is, saving the perishable produce, by provisioning adequate infrastructure, will help in augmenting farmers’ incomes.
6) Also, they said that we will also go towards making India self-reliant in agriculture.
7) These 27 new projects will leverage a total investment of Rs 743 crore.
8) For the creation of modern, innovative infrastructure and effective cold chain facilities.
9) Total 85 Cold Chain Projects in Kisan SAMPADA Scheme.
10) Also considered for financial assistance under the PM Kisan SAMPADA project.
Included States :
Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh.
Reference Used : 1.Air News