The Union Territory of Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir celebrated their first anniversary of formation on the August, 5,2020.
History of the Day :
The Government of India modifying Article 370 of the Constitution. This article gives special status to Jammu and also Kashmir.
After this article union territories Ladakh, Kashmir, and Jammu carved out under Reorganisation Act 2019.
Article 370 –
In this article 370 Constitution of India gave special status to the state of Jammu and Kashmir between 1954 and 2019. The article gives the state to have a separate constitution and autonomy.
The article along with Article 35A defined that the residents of the state shall have separate sets of laws, fundamental rights, citizenship status, property ownership and compared to the citizens of other Indian states.
After the cancelation of Article 370, the Right to Information Act, 2005, and Representation of People Act, 1951 were extended.
Points of J&K Reconstruction Bill :
1. The term of the Legislative Assembly of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir is five instead of six years.
2. Ladhak Union Territory remains a part of Jammu and Kashmir.
3. Indians are allowed to Trade in J&K.
4. Any Indian can buy land and property in J&K.
5. The state Police force is in the hands of the Central Government.
6. The separate flag of Jammu and Kashmir has been canceled, the tricolor 7. flag of India will remain there.
8. Any citizen of India will now have the opportunity to work in Jammu and Kashmir